1. The bonsai tree is a beautiful metaphor for human growth.
The bonsai seed is no different than a full-size tree. The restrictions in the size of the pot limit the reach of the roots so the tree isn’t able to grow to its full potential.
The lesson: never limit yourself!
2. The bonsai cultivation has been practiced for nearly 2,000 years.
This makes it one of the oldest known art forms. Respect your elders!
3. There are over 400 different species of trees that can be grown.
Here are a few to get you started.
4. And there are several styles of growth. This one is called “cascade.”
Don’t worry, it’s not broken… just awesome.
5. The point of growing a bonsai is to challenge yourself.
We believe in you.
6. Patience is a virtue.
It will take a lot of trial and error, but when you nail it, it’s all worth it.
7. There’s no way to speed up the growth process, so in the age of fast-paced social media, you can finally train yourself to calm down.
It’s like a gym for your mind.
8. Unlike animals, when a bonsai tree gets wounded, it grows around the injury instead of repairing it.
This leads to some very interesting designs.
9. If there’s someone special in your life, they make incredible gifts.
Ooo! Ooo! You could say…. “bonsai love you.” BOOM.
10. When you’re finished, you can plant it in the ground and pretend you’re a giant monster!
…or maybe just put it somewhere nice?
11. The bonsai tree represents tranquility.
Even the mightiest warrior should seek a balance. Find your sensitive side.