Q: Yeah, I’ve totally heard of Tempeh. …What exactly is it, though?
A: Tempeh is a soy-based food with a firm, crunchy texture and a ton of protein. It is usually infused with additional grains such as flax seeds, barley and millet. While it’s an excellent substitute to meat, there’s no reason it can’t thrive on it’s own.
TLDR: It’s meat-free tempeh-tation.
1. Buffalo Tempeh Spanish Rice Bell Pepper Kale Wrap
2. Vegetarian Tempeh Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
3. Collard Wraps with Tempeh Sweet Potato Hash
4. Tempeh Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
10. Seared Bean Sprouts with Tempeh and Sesame Orange Sauce
13. Beer Waffles with Smokey Tempeh & Summer Relish
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›