1. To celebrate the 20th anniversary, the movie’s director and stars have been touring ballparks to celebrate:
2. Over the weekend, they visited Salt Lake City, where much of the film was shot.
20 years ago standing in this same spot. Rebuilt the #sandlot. Thanks for the memories @DMESandlot
3. There were 12,000 fans at the screening in Salt Lake City, where the stars were honored:
4. Also in SLC, writer/director David M. Evans proposed to his girlfriend:
7. That hasn’t stopped fans from embracing the guys, of course:
8. Little kids, born way after the movie came out, are passionate fans, too:
Èc@FSNtylermason: @_squintz I’m rocking this shirt in Vegas today. Èd badass win big !!
10. Lots of fans have brought out their own homemade swag.
Repping my @_squintz face shirt. Met him and he LIKED my shirt. Best. Day. Ever. Childhood dream complete.
11. Some of which has been, well, more disturbing than necessary:
Èc@NBBernardo: @_squintz my buddies new tat Èd is that real or photoshop ? Crazy !! It’s a good portrait ?…. (Shrugs)
12. They’re touring through September.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.