1. To celebrate the 20th anniversary, the movie’s director and stars have been touring ballparks to celebrate:
2. Over the weekend, they visited Salt Lake City, where much of the film was shot.
20 years ago standing in this same spot. Rebuilt the #sandlot. Thanks for the memories @DMESandlot
3. There were 12,000 fans at the screening in Salt Lake City, where the stars were honored:
4. Also in SLC, writer/director David M. Evans proposed to his girlfriend:
7. That hasn’t stopped fans from embracing the guys, of course:
8. Little kids, born way after the movie came out, are passionate fans, too:
Èc@FSNtylermason: @_squintz I’m rocking this shirt in Vegas today. Èd badass win big !!
10. Lots of fans have brought out their own homemade swag.
Repping my @_squintz face shirt. Met him and he LIKED my shirt. Best. Day. Ever. Childhood dream complete.
11. Some of which has been, well, more disturbing than necessary:
Èc@NBBernardo: @_squintz my buddies new tat Èd is that real or photoshop ? Crazy !! It’s a good portrait ?…. (Shrugs)
12. They’re touring through September.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›