1. First, here is the trailer. Behold:
Following last summer’s hit Moonrise Kingdom, Anderson returns with The Grand Budapest Hotel, which, according to the synopsis, “recounts the adventures of Gustave H (Ralph Fiennes), a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel, and Zero Moustafa (Tony Revolori), the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.”
The movie comes out in March 2014, but if you’ve seen Anderson’s other movies, you probably have a good idea of what to expect already.
2. The Pre-War Elevator
Like in The Royal Tenenbaums.
3. The Quick Bolt
See: The Life Aquatic, among others.
The Darjeeling Limited was almost entirely set on a train; this new movie looks like it’s about the people who ride in first class on the long-distance rail.
5. Looking Down on the Dead
In The Royal Tenenbaums, Gene Hackman’s Royal isn’t really dead — he’s faking a terrible disease — but the shot is composed identically.
6. Crested, Wrought Iron Fences
See: Rushmore Academy.
7. Edward Norton Giving Direction to a Band of Troops
In Moonrise Kingdom, he is a scout leader, so he’s graduated in this one.
8. Bill Murray!
A staple since Rushmore.
9. Jason Schwartzman!
After debuting in Rushmore, he skipped two films, but has been present in each of Anderson’s last four movies.
10. Owen Wilson!
The original Anderson conspirator. He co-wrote Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and The Royal Tenenbaums, while starring in Rocket, Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic, The Darjeeling Limited, and Fantastic Mr. Fox.
11. The Newcomer
Rushmore and Moonrise Kingdom both launched young stars. Say hello to the latest Anderson find, Tony Revolori.
12. Fancy “Z” Insignia
Hello, Steve Zissou.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️