1. This man wanted to drop out of society, and decided to write to the government to check if there was an official procedure.
He made a freedom of information request, which is visible on WhatDoTheyKnow.com. FOI requests are normally used to help people scrutinise government work.
2. Miraculously, he got a comprehensive reply.
3. “P Etarat”, we salute you.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.