1. This man wanted to drop out of society, and decided to write to the government to check if there was an official procedure.
He made a freedom of information request, which is visible on WhatDoTheyKnow.com. FOI requests are normally used to help people scrutinise government work.
2. Miraculously, he got a comprehensive reply.
3. “P Etarat”, we salute you.
- Polls have officially closed in the Greek referendum. The country is deciding whether to accept sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.