WASHINGTON — One of the most time honored, cheesiest traditions on Capitol Hill is the annual Superbowl bet between lawmakers representing the opposing states. The wagers are normally terrible: a particular micro-beer from one city versus cheese curds, for instance.
This year was to feature the highly anticipated bet between Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi representing San Francisco and Minority Whip Steny Hoyer of Maryland. But Pelosi, who was born into one of Baltimore’s most infamous political families, has refused thanks to her dual regional loyalties.
This year, Buzzfeed would like to offer any other members considering making a bet on the big game the following potential wagers:
Baltimore’s own Divine
11. Battle of the Badasses
San Francisco’s fictional hero Egg Shen
14. Winner Takes All
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- A Politician's Guide To Betting O... was rebuzzed by The Big Game
- Andrew Gauthier thinks A Politician's Guide To Betting O... is LOL
- edgaraurelius thinks A Politician's Guide To Betting O... is Fail
- A Politician's Guide To Betting O... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- usernumberone thinks A Politician's Guide To Betting O... is Win
- Jim T. added My Own Worst Enemy to the mix about 3 months ago