1. 1. You can play the ‘Enter Sandman’ intro note for note on guitar, even if it’s the only thing you’ve ever learned.
2. 2. You’ve been diagnosed with severe whiplash from over-zealous headbanging at least once.
And here you have proof.
3. 3. You have always furiously disputed that grunge ‘destroyed metal’, as frequently asserted in the media.
4. 4. You tolerated Riki Rachtman’s douchness for two hours of solid metal at midnight on Saturdays.
5. 5. Your ‘normal’ friends can’t understand why bands with masks, costumes and props are so awesome.
6. 6. You’ve spent hours debating the technical abilities of various shredders and drummers - Chuck Schuldiner, Dimebag Darrell, Mikael Åkerfeldt and Joey Jordison usually feature heavily.
7. 7. There were some enjoyable moments in nu-metal. You’re not proud of it, but you’ve moshed to Limp Bizkit’s cover of ‘Faith’ at least once.
8. 8. No-one had better t-shirts than Metallica. No-one.
And you spent HOURS choosing them.
9. 9. Boy or girl, Sean Yseult from White Zombie was your teenage crush.
10. 10. This is most likely your festival survival kit.