Oh my god I love coffee.
Oh my god I love coffee.
What? No Beyoncé?
5. the Earth rotates
6. they don’t
7. What about it?
8. There is no objective meaning. All meaning is subjective, hence this debate
9. the latest research tends to show that organic life is a function of the universe. This is actually the most debatable topic in my mind when it comes to the existence of a “creator” but this does not signify a personal diety
10. Thank you, but that is not a question
11. even Athiests can be stupid. even if we did believe life on Earth was the result of alien intervention (which I do not believe) this only pushes back the question of where did life originate. In short, if aliens created humans, who created the aliens.
12. the lack of fossils is not an argument. We have numerous dinosaur fossils because dinosaurs inhabited the Earth for almost 250 million years. “Lucy” and others like her would have only been on earth for a few millenium at best, therefore the number of significant fossils available would be greatly reduced. Not every animal that dies becomes a fossil.
14. Because the totality of the Theory of Evolution is actually in flux. There are facts that are known regarding evolution, but we simply do not know everything about how evolution works. Unlike Gravity, it has no “Laws” This is part of the Scientific Method of inquiry which uses the Theory of Evolution as a scientific model of understanding until EVIDENCE disproves such theory.
15. Science is not a Theory. Science is a method of rational discovery that must be tested and retested. Creationism is not a theory that can be tested (the Bible itself instructs believers not to do this (Luke 4:12). Creationism is an article of Faith.
16. To my knowledge none. This is why it is called the Theory of Evolution. However this does not discount the entire theory or all the accumulated data to this point
17. This refers to the Meaning of Life, not the creation of life from a scientific point of view. Purpose and Meaning in Life are not truly the area of Science. I have my answer, but that is my personal answer, therefore subjective, therefore it may not satisfy your answer
18. See #12
19. Yes. It is based on observations, logic, and mathematics
20. This is more a matter of personal opinion than of science and rationality. It is an emotional appeal, not a scientific question.
21. It was not an exploding star, it was a rapidly expanding singularity, but I do see your point. Where did the singularity come from? Science cannot answer this at this time. However the lack of an answer does not lead to a logical conclusion that there MUST be a God.
22. We do not come from “monkeys” The Theory states that we evolved from an earlier primate and that early primate does not exist any more.
On the bright side, this might finally destroy twerking and it will be forced to crawl back into strip clubs never to see the light of day again.
You do realize that #9 was the lead singer of Dexy’s Midnight Runners. No joke. Poor ol’ Johnny Ray…
George Carlin said being born in this life is like getting a free ticket to the circus and if you’re American, you’re in the front row. Florida is the Center Ring. I know. I grew up there.
The first Kyoto is a Temple entrance, the second is a restaurant entrance. As for Tokyo, there are better.
Wow. You all just let every grammar nazi off the hook. That’s impressive too.
Now I have to clean my iPad.
This is truly transcendant.
So apparently the bar for genius has been drastically lowered.
So happy he made another great album.
No DST in Japan either.
Every time we fail to properly screen a three-year-old in a wheelchair with a stuffed animal, the terrorists win. Oh, wait thats not the right slogan. I meant to say: Every time people argue about whether or not the TSA’s were polite or not without realizing that they are worried about a child in a wheelchair being a security risk my soul dies a little bit more. Yeah thats it. This story and the thread that followed are killing my soul. And I’m fairly certain an angel lost it’s wings. And an eagle died. Clap for Tinkerbell for God’s sake, just clap your hands off you sad zombies.
No Honey Badgers? No Buddhas?
I wonder how many of those terrified wing nuts realize the President agreed to funding for schools that want armed guards and there is not a single proposal to limit the sale of pistols, rifles, or shotguns.
Faith in Humanity restored.
I’m using “cankle bandits”
“In 1869, Seward took a trip to Alaska to see what he had bought.” Sarah Vowel. Assassination Vacation. I have got to stop reading sardonic history books. T
It’s so great when 20 year olds at Buzzfeed recognize great talent that’s been kicking ass for decades. It means a whole new generation can taste the awesomeness. (He was also the blind DJ who discovered the Soggy Bottom Boys in Oh Brother Where Art Thou)