1. Sloths aren’t as sleepy as once thought—recent studies indicate they sleep under 10 hours a day.
2. Sloths are folivores, herbivores that specialize in eating leaves.
3. Dead sloths may retain their grip and remain suspended from a branch.
6. Sloths have extra neck vertebrae that allows them to turn their heads some 270 degrees.
8. Sloths go to the ground to pee and poop about once a week, digging a hole and covering it afterwards.
9. Sloths are so sedentary that algae grows on their fur, giving them a greenish tint that acts as a camouflage.
10. Two-toed sloths spend more time hanging upside-down than their three-toed cousins.
11. Sloths don’t get obese—they appear to store extra fat on the pads of their feet.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!