1. Advice to the younger generation from a 44 year old man who has been there done that:
1. wash your ass. Literally…wash it
2. You don’t need those $100 extra pair of jeans, take your parents to a nice dinner instead.
3. If you don’t want your partner to see you naked don’t have sex with them
4. Shave, look sharp feel sharp
5. Be nice. Trust me Karma is a bitch and she’s real
6. Go outside and play. world can be a beautiful place
7. Wait until you are 25 to get a tattoo. If you still want it by then go for it.
8. If you meet someone who was or is in the military thank them.
9. Make friends with the “nerd” no one talks to. Will probably be your boss someday
10. Don’t do drugs, they are just fucking stupid. Anyone who tells you different just look at them and I mean really look at them.
11. College is for some not for all. Pick what you REALLY want to do and study that. (Wish i went to culinary school)
12. If you meet a person and they make you happy, why give a fuck what your “friends” think?
13. be good to and encourage your siblings. You can both be great together
14. If you have someone who is your best friend of the opposite sex, marry them. (or same sex if that’s your inclination)
15. Porn is NOT real
16. Racism and homophobia of any kind is just stupid. I am hoping you know this by now
17. Stand up for the little guy
18. Clean your room. (again look sharp feel sharp)
19. As much as you would like to think you are, you are not invincible and either is the family of 4. Please don’t drink and drive.
20. Hug as much as possible you never know when you will see that person again.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!