1. You’ll be doing ballet-ballet, instead of ballet-inspired workouts.
2. You’ll get to wear cool ballet outfits for class.
More fetch than grotty shorts and sweats, just as comfy.
3. Many cool ballet outfits.
4. Seriously, even your grottiest leotard and warmup pants will magically look cool.
5. You will know the power of flexibility.
Your flexibility will improve. A lot.
6. When you watch ballets, you’ll know who’s made a mistake.
You will be able to judge ballets the same way Peter Gallagher’s eyebrows do.
7. Or just be like:
8. Two words: POINTE SHOES.
They may be little nuggets of torture, but the day your teacher deems strong enough to start pointework will be the happiest day of your life.
9. No matter what they do to your feet, you will love your pointe shoes.
Because POINTE SHOES.
10. There will be men in tights.
11. Very attractive men in tights.
“Just thinking about how good-looking I am today.”
12. Ballet terminology is in French, so you will learn all the French!
14. And photograph in a manner mere mortals can only dream of.
15. And if you train hard enough you could be rocking out stuff like this:
16. Which is more than we can say for Natalie Portman.
Not everyone can afford to hire a dance double.