1. You took the perfect bathroom selfie with an actual camera.
Bonus points if it was an SLR.
4. You’d spend hours writing an About Me which totally summed up your own brand of unique adolescent angst.
5. You’d cheat on the iPod shuffle quizzes so the answers all made perfect sense.
“OMG! It worked so well!”
6. Bulletins were the longform Facebook statuses of the mid-00s.
7. If you logged into your account and saw this, you took a screenshot and posted it to your profile.
“Yay! More of this please!”
9. This face.
Also: &heart; and <3
11. It was worth spending hours to find the perfect wallpaper.
12. Before Instagram filters, everyone photoshopped their photos, so the exposure was way up.
It was the perfect way to hide everyone’s terrible teenage skin.
13. All the cool kids had Myspace names.
15. You were mad proud of your drop-down lists because you could list all the bands you’d ever heard of in alphabetical order.
16. In fact, you spent forever mastering HTML for your amazing custom profile.
17. Only for ironic minimalist profiles to suddenly start being fashionable again.
19. Choosing new profile songs was the hardest decision you’d ever make.
“But does it sum me up as a person?”
20. Even though as soon as you click on your friend’s profiles the first thing you’ll do is mute their music.
21. The worst thing was if someone you added sent you the message: “Hi, sorry – do I know you?”
22. Who I’d Like to Meet was the best place to shout out to future boyfriends or girlfriends.
24. “Who wants to own my new default picture?”
25. You knew people who said they were “famous on Myspace”.
You acted completely unimpressed (but were secretly jealous).
26. Glitter graphics were the coolest way to keep in touch.
27. You’d spend hours trawling through the friends of bands you like to find the next undiscovered band.
“Oh, I liked them when they only had 400 friends on Myspace.”
28. You knew Myspace Tom would be your forever friend.
29. And when everyone eventually started moving to Facebook you flat-out refused.
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.