1. BRB, let me Instagram that. … Hang on, where’s my phone?
4. And so the harsh awareness washes over you: Your favorite toy is gone.
6. Everyone just got a lot louder, more annoying, and in the way, and no one seems to care that your child is missing.
7. You try to laugh it off with your friends and stay hopeful.
8. Even though your friends are thinking this:
10. You try to rest your weary little head but it ain’t really happening.
11. And for a moment you wonder whether cosmic justice is real, and where you might’ve transgressed.
12. You call the bar the next day. No dice.
13. It’s OK, it’s OK — let’s just fire up the Find My iPhone app.
14. Negotiating with the terrorist starts with a gentle approach…
17. Sometimes you wonder whether your first stupid message blew the whole rescue mission.
18. And you’re sitting there watching the kidnapper toting your pride and joy around the city, and you can almost taste what it’d be like to have it back.
19. Time slides away and in your corner, things are a little bit crazed.
20. Aggression slips out as the hours pass.
21. Then comes the 11th hour. You’re phone is near death. Time to accept it and erase everything forever.
Angela, you are wise in your ways.
23. You will now have to go to the AT&T store.
25. And you suddenly remember what life was like two years ago, when you first got your phone.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›