There's no service btwn Warren Street and Brixton while we fix damage caused by flooding at Victoria. Minor delays on the rest of the line.
1. London Underground’s Victoria Line was suspended between Warren Street and Brixton shortly after 1pm this afternoon due to “flooding”.
3. So far, so deadly dull. Until UsVsTh3m obtained pictures of the “flooding” in the signal control room. Which looked quite a lot like cement.
6. Covering the equipment that decides whether the trains can run.
8. Basically, someone with an errant concrete mixer has broken one of London’s key underground lines.
9. Transport for London has now provided solid evidence that the cement is to blame.
This afternoon our contractors were working on the new station in an area next to the Victoria line signal control room. These works involved the use of water and cement which leaked into the room, damaging equipment. This has meant there are no signals working on the southern section of the line.