1. Almost no one in the UK believes that David Cameron is in touch with ordinary people, according to polling carried out on behalf of BuzzFeed.
Cameron has never managed to shake off the perception that he struggles to connect with ordinary voters and doesn’t understand their concerns.
4. The perception that Cameron is an elitist continued when we asked the public to guess his drink of choice.
The most popular suggestion was champagne, followed by red wine and gin & tonic.
And despite photo opportunities at local pubs with visiting Presidents just 12% of the public think Cameron would choose to drink beer, below Nick Clegg (14%), Ed Miliband (19%) and Nigel Farage (42%).
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- Stocks all over the world are falling again following the release of more data indicating a weakening of China's economy. ›
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›