1. Labour leader Ed Miliband has used an awards acceptance speech to lash out at claims that his dad used to kill kittens.
2. No, really.
3. Here’s the Sunday Sport’s original story from last month.
We’re sure they double-source all their quotes.
4. Ed read out the newspaper’s harrowing claims about his father’s anti-feline activities to the audience at The Spectator’s awards.
5. And generally showed that he had a sense of humour.
7. UPDATED: The Sunday Sport has responded. They claim they’ve talked to Eunice, the cat owner featured in the story:
Eunice is glad this has got @Ed_Miliband’s attention & hopes he’s careful around kittens if he wants to be PM. http://t.co/jsHJwcVN7r
…Eunice would also very much like to meet with @Ed_Miliband, should should this be possible? http://t.co/jsHJwcVN7r
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›
- And Adele's "25" has sold a record 3.38 million copies in the U.S. in its first full week, Nielsen Music reported 🎤🏆 ›