1. David Cameron today said he wants every child in the country to know about the Magna Carta. But the Prime Minister’s own knowledge of the constitutional document is a bit shaky, as he showed in this interview:
“Again, you’re testing me, um….”
3. Watch the full clip of Cameron struggling with a British history test, which was conducted by U.S. talkshow host David Letterman in 2012:
Jim Waterson is the UK deputy editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London. Waterson focuses on politics.
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Hillary Clinton says she's "not in favor" of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 12-nation trade deal championed by President Obama. ›