1. This is what happens when a former leader of the Conservatives walks into your hen party.
Former foreign secretary William Hague this weekend gatecrashed a hen party from Rochdale at a sausage festival and asked why they were all wearing L-plates.
Yes, that happened.
“We went glamping and the site we were on was hosting a sausage and beer festival,” Jess Shepherd, one of the attendees, told BuzzFeed News. “He was giving an award to the most popular sausage.”
“He got out of his car and we all fell apart. He was a great sport, he was asking all about the wedding and chatted to us for quite a while. But he didn’t know what the L-plates meant.
The group from Rochdale were celebrating Rhiannan Adamson’s forthcoming marriage on a trip to Bedale, North Yorkshire, within Hague’s constituency.
“We asked him to put his arm around the bride-to-be and he wouldn’t, he said ‘Errrr, no.’ He was obviously not trying to be rude but he’d been told not to touch anyone.”
“It was the weirdest part of the weekend.”
2. The girls uploaded the photo to Facebook and joked that Hague was their hen do stripper. Which caused some confusion among friends who thought you could actually hire a William Hague look-a-like stripper.
For the record, Google returns no relevant results for “William Hague stripper”.
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›