1. George Osborne is never, ever seen in public without a hard hat – just like his idol, Bob the Builder.
4. Both Osborne and Bob reckon they triumph against the odds and look serious in protective headwear.
6. Both men like a giggle because there’s always time for a laugh, even when you’re trying to fix Britain’s chronic under-supply of suitable housing for future generations.
8. Rumour has it that Osborne likes to shout “Can we fix it?” at Treasury civil servants while working on additions to the Green Book of central government spending.
9. Both Osborne and Bob have a wide-eyed, optimistic, and joyous approach to the world of construction that comes from years of bricklaying on exposed building sites during winter.
Jim Waterson is the UK deputy editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London. Waterson focuses on politics.
Contact Jim Waterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".