1. LeBron James is the greatest basketball player that ever was, according to him. But there is something ever more powerful, against which even he was powerless Thursday night: temperatures in the upper 80s.
The Miami Heat’s LeBron James sits on the sidelines Thursday after leaving the court.
3. LeBron and the Heat were at the AT&T Center in San Antonio Thursday night for Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the Spurs. Near the end of the game, the air conditioning failed. Temperatures neared 90 degrees.
5. Like a true king, LeBron was carried off the court — after getting cramps. He missed the last four minutes of the game because the heat was too much.
7. The irony of too much heat for the Heat was not lost on Twitter:
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.