Shia LaBeouf after his arrest last week in New York City.
2. Shia LaBeouf is receiving voluntary treatment for alcohol addiction, his representative told BuzzFeed Tuesday.
LaBeouf’s rep Melissa Kates said in a statement that, contrary to earlier reports, the actor has not entered rehab:
Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction.
He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery.
Kates did not elaborate on what kind of lesser treatment LaBeouf is actually getting other than to say it is not rehab.
3. The revelation that LaBeouf is receiving treatment comes just days after he was arrested in New York City.
LaBeouf was arrested June 26 for criminal trespass and disorderly conduct after he reportedly was smoking and yelling during a performance of Cabaret. He was released the next day. That same day TMZ posted photos of LaBeouf apparently getting into some sort of altercation with a homeless man shortly before his arrest.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›