1. Cocktails parties were very in vogue.
Who needs the club when you’re this fabulous in the living room?
2. If you did decide to go out, you had serious location options.
Officials estimate there were 100,000 active speakeasies in New York City alone. That’s compared to the measly 2,000 bars open in the city today.
3. And every single speakeasy was super cool and exclusive because it had to keep everything on the down low.
Just step into the barbershop and ask ‘em to “keep it short on top.” They’ll know what you mean.
4. There weren’t any lines outside the best clubs.
You’re looking at the hottest joint in town – and no occupancy limit.
5. And without taxation, a drink cost only pennies.
$25 credit card minimums? HA HA. Nope.
6. The entire decade is remembered as “roaring,” so parties must have been off the chain.
There was just no party like a prohibition party.
7. People were way classier back then than they are now.
10. Best of all: No one wasted time flirting.
Ya gotta love a girl who gets to the point.
11. And even though you always had to watch your back…
…you always had a great story to tell at the bar the next night.
Jim Beam® is a registered trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. and is used with permission.
Jim Beam® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 40% Alc./Vol. ©2014 James B. Beam Distilling Co., Clermont, KY