1. 87,542 metts were consumed during last year’s festivities
That’s 3,979 metts each hour.
2. Oktoberfest Zinzinnati is the second biggest Oktoberfest celebration in the world - the only one bigger is the original in Munich.
More than 500,000 people attend the festival every fall.
3. It’s also home to the Running of the Wieners, a dachshund race that draws owners and pups from near and far to compete for the prestigious champion title.
Dogs in costumes FTW.
4. The Stein Hoist Heard ‘Round the World features hundreds of thousands cheers-ing in unison.
5. The World Brat Eating Championship - an official part of Major League Eating - is hosted at Oktoberfest Zinzinnati each year.
6. Speaking of which, Joey “Jaws” Chestnut, ranked first in the world by the International Federation of Competitive Eating, appears each year to defend his title.
In 2012, Jaws tied during regulation with 35 brats in 10 minutes, but won in a 60-second overtime eat-off by consuming 5 more brats.
7. Jim Koch, co-founder of Sam Adams, attends every year to tap the very first keg.
8. It holds the record for World’s Largest Chicken Dance.
Even the Ben-Gals do it.
9. More than 20,000 cream puffs are made and eaten each Oktoberfest.
You’re starting to drool, aren’t you?
10. In 2012, more than 40 different kinds of beer were served.
More than 1,300 barrels were consumed last year, which is over 2,579,200 ounces.