1. Ahh, Ft. Lauderdale…
Your sunrises are to die for.
2. Everyone gives Miami all the credit, but you totally have it going on.
Ft. Lauderdale is friendlier, beachier, and WAY more chill.
4. …a stay-cation destination where this is how Christmas is celebrated…
At the annual, spectacular Winterfest Boat Parade!
6. Even the most committed northerners would rather spend their winters basking in your glorious sun.
8. Only in paradise… can this be the only footwear you need 365 days a year.
And don’t worry about getting your feet dirty — Ft. Lauderdale’s sparkling beaches are Blue Wave certified, which means they are CLEAN.
9. Only in paradise… can you be an adult but live life like a kid.
Rent a water-propelled jetpack, snorkel, or just play in the sand! No one will judge you for having all the fun you want!
10. And only in paradise… are water taxis a viable form of transportation.
There’s a reason Ft. Lauderdale is called the “Venice of America” — the city boasts 165 miles of waterways! Hop on and off the water taxis to explore the city’s shopping and dining, or just sit back and enjoy the ride.
11. Would you rather be stuck in traffic looking at someone’s “witty” bumper sticker or this gorgeous view?
13. …an amazingly tasty meal…
Have a drink at Blondies or enjoy a slice of Pittsburgh at Primanti Bros. while soaking up the rays steps from the beach!
15. But no matter how you choose to get around Ft. Lauderdale, you’ll probably run into some of these beauties:
You’re likely to spot a manatee while you’re just relaxing on a Ft. Lauderdale beach or on a water taxi! As for wild peacocks, you’ll find them on the street in the middle of downtown… (but shh, don’t tell anyone — it’s one of the locals’ best-kept secrets.)
16. Hey, Ft. Lauderdale! You’re breathtaking even when your generous sun says goodbye for a short while.
Don’t worry about us, Mr. Sun! There’s still plenty of paradise to explore after dark. Check out A1A or Downtown Riverwalk for Ft. Lauderdale’s finest night life!
17. And of course, you’ll get to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow.
Paradise all day erryday.