1. In the history of life on the universe’s good green earth, humankind has devised a myriad of games for amusement.
2. But for all the cosmic spiderweb of time, there has only been one game that God bestowed to humanity as a pristine package of perfect amusement.
4. While many less divine games have been excommunicated from the Price is Right canon…
6. The gods have blessed us with the flawless presence of Plinko since 1983.
7. And there’s a reason: Plinko is a beautiful and poignant metaphor for life.
8. Before you get to play in the big leagues of your human existence, you have to pay your dues.
9. And often, you just can’t predict that a basketball-shaped slow cooker is only worth $12.
10. But sometimes the blessings are just hiding right below the surface.
11. You never really know how your life will turn out. None of us do. You just have to step up to the big board.
12. And just as you can’t predict where your Plinko chip will land, sometimes life is mercurial and tempestuous.
13. When faced with a challenge, though, you have to just make the leap and drop your chips.
16. But no matter what, you can tell your real friends by who will rejoice with you when you’re happy.
18. In the end, life is a punishing chess game stymied by the brutality of fortune.
In The News Today
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›