1. So you decided to go to grad school. Congratulations!
3. Someday you’ll get a fancy diploma that will help you earn more money, or whatever.
4. But you know, a lot of people think that grad school is just like a continuation of undergrad. And it’s definitely NOT.
5. For example, this was your school spirit in college:
6. School spirit in grad school: Ain’t nobody got time for that.
9. Leaving a progress meeting with your advisor in college:
10. Leaving a progress meeting with your advisor in grad school:
17. In college, your main job is to consume knowledge.
18. In grad school, you’re supposed to be the one PRODUCING the knowledge.
24. In grad school, you focus on something so specialized you can discuss it with literally two other people on the planet.
26. Spring break in grad school: field trip to the archives.
27. And finally, in college you feel pretty confident, because you were at the top of your class:
28. But guess what? Everyone at grad school was the smartest kid at THEIR college, so now you’re like:
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›