1. This is an image going viral on Sina Weibo, China’s popular social media site:
2. Apparently that’s not actually a pair of hairy legs, but a pair of tights designed to mimic a furry look (for the less hirsute).
The caption, according to a translation, reads, “Super sexy, summertime anti-pervert full-leg-of-hair stockings, essential for all young girls going out.”
3. In 2010, J.Crew released a pair of tights and then withdrew them after outcry from shoppers who thought they looked like “hairy legs.”
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›