1. CON: Having to go by your last initial because there are sooo many Jessicas.
3. CON: So many Jessicas means you might have to take on a nickname you don’t want.
4. PRO: Our name is immortalized in Shakespeare.
As Shylock’s daughter in The Merchant of Venice.
5. CON: People asking if you spell it “Jessika.”
Which is also a great name, but most of us spell it with a “C.”
7. CON: Our only song is The Allman Brothers’ “Jessica,” which is in every car commercial.
8. PRO: We have literally the most popular girls’ name of the 1980s AND 1990s, which is cool.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›