1. CON: Having to go by your last initial because there are sooo many Jessicas.
2. PRO: You can ALWAYS find your name on souvenir keychains.
3. CON: So many Jessicas means you might have to take on a nickname you don’t want.
4. PRO: Our name is immortalized in Shakespeare.
As Shylock’s daughter in The Merchant of Venice.
5. CON: People asking if you spell it “Jessika.”
Which is also a great name, but most of us spell it with a “C.”
7. CON: Our only song is The Allman Brothers’ “Jessica,” which is in every car commercial.
8. PRO: We have literally the most popular girls’ name of the 1980s AND 1990s, which is cool.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›