1. BEST: Scarlett Johansson in Calvin Klein, 2004
The simple color and sheen of this lemon meringue-hued gown made the absolute best of ScarJo’s amazing figure.
2. WORST: Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga, 2012
In this plasticky pastiche and overdone bandaged shoes, KStew totally missed the mark.
3. BEST: Beyoncé in Givenchy, 2012
She arrived half an hour later than everyone else, in a dress that totally blew every other person out of the water.
4. WORST: Frieda Pinto in Chanel, 2011
You know a look was terrible if it puts both the always-chic Frieda Pinto and CHANEL on a worst-dressed list.
5. BEST: Sarah Jessica Parker in Alexander McQueen, 2006
SJP brought McQueen himself as her date to 2006’s “Anglophilia”-themed costume exhibit, and though it was a controversial frock, we think Parker looks bloody fantastic.
6. WORST: Mischa Barton, 2008
2008’s costume ball had a superhero theme, and we think Mischa Barton’s wonky sleeves could definitely use some rescuing.
7. BEST: Emma Watson in Burberry, 2010
This white gown looked downright angelic on Watson, who still rarely misses a fashion beat…
8. WORST: Alicia Keys, 2003
…while this white suit Alicia Keys donned in 2003 might be straight from hell.
9. BEST: Solange Knowles in Rachel Roy, 2012
The very definition of flawless.
10. WORST: Kate Bosworth in Valentino, 2010
An okay dress if you’re into the skinned cat look.
11. BEST: Gisele Bundchen in Versace, 2008
Not like Gisele needs any help in the “how to look great” department, but this sleek pink confection was truly jaw-dropping.
12. WORST: Florence Welch in McQueen, 2012
Florence’s hippie-chic vibe is usually a total win, but this flouncy number threatened to swallow her up in beaded layers of fabric.
13. BEST: Naomi Watts in Stella McCartney, 2010
Watts sparkled in this rose-hued gown with just the right amount of drama.
14. WORST: Victoria Beckham, 2003
Things not to expose at the Met Gala: your entire torso. Although I suppose 2003 was a different time.
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›