1. Remember when you saw My Best Friend’s Wedding when you were a kid?
2. And everyone seemed really old, because they were “adults”?
3. Well, here’s the shocking truth: Julia Roberts’ character, Julianne Potter, is a food critic who’s only 27 YEARS OLD.
(Roberts was actually 30 at the time).
4. She has a pact with her ex-boyfriend Michael that if they’re both not married by the time they turn 28, they’ll marry each other.
6. Three weeks before her 28th birthday, Michael tells her that in four days, he will marry Kimmy Wallace, a 20-year-old University of Chicago student.
7. That’s right, Cameron Diaz’ character was only 20 years old.
(She was 25 IRL.)
8. Remember how she was going to drop out of college to marry what’s his face?
10. So basically, if you’re a single twenty-something, you’d better make your marriage pact now or be doomed to cradle-rob at the nearest community college ASAP.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›