1. Remember when you saw My Best Friend’s Wedding when you were a kid?
2. And everyone seemed really old, because they were “adults”?
3. Well, here’s the shocking truth: Julia Roberts’ character, Julianne Potter, is a food critic who’s only 27 YEARS OLD.
(Roberts was actually 30 at the time).
4. She has a pact with her ex-boyfriend Michael that if they’re both not married by the time they turn 28, they’ll marry each other.
6. Three weeks before her 28th birthday, Michael tells her that in four days, he will marry Kimmy Wallace, a 20-year-old University of Chicago student.
7. That’s right, Cameron Diaz’ character was only 20 years old.
(She was 25 IRL.)
8. Remember how she was going to drop out of college to marry what’s his face?
10. So basically, if you’re a single twenty-something, you’d better make your marriage pact now or be doomed to cradle-rob at the nearest community college ASAP.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›