1. Perkins is basically what would happen if a classic diner and God had a baby together.
5. Everything is served on amazing plates that make you feel like you’re at your grandma’s.
6. Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon? Or seen a MAMMOTH MUFFIN?
8. They go well with the HUGE URN of coffee you’ll get for your table when you order a cup.
I only drink my coffee out of huge urns now.
9. Perkins is partially so popular because you and your friends could hang out there late at night, after everything else in suburbia was closed.
10. Just this simple table setup will take you back to the soothing days of chilling here after high school dances.
12. Yep, they’re open late, so you can, uh, take a nap if you want.
Next to your coffee urn.
13. Or make out with someone in your car in the parking lot.
Not that you would EVER do that.
14. Paying at the register is convenient and allows for handy bakery impulse buys.
Two dozen sugar cookies? Don’t mind if I do!
15. Like a piece of peanut butter silk pie that you will eat with your hands when your car stops at a red light.
17. The desserts in that case were always larger than life. Can God make a Perkins pie so big he can’t eat it?
18. Their hot chocolate wears an adorable whipped cream hat.
19. This is the adorablest little milkshake you’ve ever seen.
21. Because sometimes you just need a quesadilla.
24. Or a CAULDRON of ranch dressing for your fries.
Don’t act smug. We’ve all been there.
25. Even babies have been known to hitchhike solo to Perkins, just to experience the tenderness of a Perkins burger.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›