1. You know those stores you visit at the mall? Well, many of them are owned by the same huge corporations. For example…
2. Juicy Couture is owned by Liz Claiborne (which is now called Fifth & Pacific).
6. A company called Wolverine World Wide owns or licenses Hush Puppies, Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and Stride-Rite.
7. L Brands, formerly known as Limited Brands, owns Victoria’s Secret.
11. VF Corporation owns North Face, Vans, Timberland, 7 for All Mankind, Nautica, Rock & Republic, and Jansport.
12. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) is the world’s largest shirt company. It owns Tommy Hilfiger…
17. LVMH Moët Hennessy formed in 1987 when Louis Vuitton merged with Moët Hennessy. The luxury conglomerate owns Donna Karan…
24. And of course, Gap Inc. owns Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy, but they also bought Intermix this year.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Contact Jessica Misener at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›