1. You know those stores you visit at the mall? Well, many of them are owned by the same huge corporations. For example…
2. Juicy Couture is owned by Liz Claiborne (which is now called Fifth & Pacific).
4. And Lucky Brand Jeans.
5. Chico’s owns White House Black Market.
6. A company called Wolverine World Wide owns or licenses Hush Puppies, Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and Stride-Rite.
7. L Brands, formerly known as Limited Brands, owns Victoria’s Secret.
8. And Bath & Body Works.
10. (L Brands also used to own Abercrombie & Fitch, Lane Bryant, Express, and The Limited.)
11. VF Corporation owns North Face, Vans, Timberland, 7 for All Mankind, Nautica, Rock & Republic, and Jansport.
12. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) is the world’s largest shirt company. It owns Tommy Hilfiger…
15. PVH also licenses Sean John, Kenneth Cole New York, BCBG Max Azria, and MICHAEL Michael Kors.
16. Oxford Industries owns Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, and Ben Sherman.
17. LVMH Moët Hennessy formed in 1987 when Louis Vuitton merged with Moët Hennessy. The luxury conglomerate owns Donna Karan…
19. …and Benefit Cosmetics…
20. …and Make Up For Ever…
22. And basically everything else.
23. A company called Deckers Outdoor manufactures both UGG and Teva.
24. And of course, Gap Inc. owns Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy, but they also bought Intermix this year.
25. So as it turns out, your shopping world is way smaller than you might have thought.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!