1. You know those stores you visit at the mall? Well, many of them are owned by the same huge corporations. For example…
2. Juicy Couture is owned by Liz Claiborne (which is now called Fifth & Pacific).
6. A company called Wolverine World Wide owns or licenses Hush Puppies, Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and Stride-Rite.
7. L Brands, formerly known as Limited Brands, owns Victoria’s Secret.
11. VF Corporation owns North Face, Vans, Timberland, 7 for All Mankind, Nautica, Rock & Republic, and Jansport.
12. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) is the world’s largest shirt company. It owns Tommy Hilfiger…
17. LVMH Moët Hennessy formed in 1987 when Louis Vuitton merged with Moët Hennessy. The luxury conglomerate owns Donna Karan…
24. And of course, Gap Inc. owns Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy, but they also bought Intermix this year.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Contact Jessica Misener at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›