1. You know those stores you visit at the mall? Well, many of them are owned by the same huge corporations. For example…
2. Juicy Couture is owned by Liz Claiborne (which is now called Fifth & Pacific).
6. A company called Wolverine World Wide owns or licenses Hush Puppies, Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and Stride-Rite.
7. L Brands, formerly known as Limited Brands, owns Victoria’s Secret.
11. VF Corporation owns North Face, Vans, Timberland, 7 for All Mankind, Nautica, Rock & Republic, and Jansport.
12. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) is the world’s largest shirt company. It owns Tommy Hilfiger…
17. LVMH Moët Hennessy formed in 1987 when Louis Vuitton merged with Moët Hennessy. The luxury conglomerate owns Donna Karan…
24. And of course, Gap Inc. owns Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy, but they also bought Intermix this year.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Contact Jessica Misener at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.