1. You know those stores you visit at the mall? Well, many of them are owned by the same huge corporations. For example…
2. Juicy Couture is owned by Liz Claiborne (which is now called Fifth & Pacific).
6. A company called Wolverine World Wide owns or licenses Hush Puppies, Keds, Sperry Top-Sider, and Stride-Rite.
7. L Brands, formerly known as Limited Brands, owns Victoria’s Secret.
10. (L Brands also used to own Abercrombie & Fitch, Lane Bryant, Express, and The Limited.)
11. VF Corporation owns North Face, Vans, Timberland, 7 for All Mankind, Nautica, Rock & Republic, and Jansport.
12. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (PVH) is the world’s largest shirt company. It owns Tommy Hilfiger…
15. PVH also licenses Sean John, Kenneth Cole New York, BCBG Max Azria, and MICHAEL Michael Kors.
17. LVMH Moët Hennessy formed in 1987 when Louis Vuitton merged with Moët Hennessy. The luxury conglomerate owns Donna Karan…
24. And of course, Gap Inc. owns Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy, but they also bought Intermix this year.
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›