1. People who hog the Starbucks condiment counter like they’re crafting a magical potion.
3. Being forced to walk through Times Square.
I was just trying to walk crosstown and I forgot and ugh.
4. How Duane Reade doesn’t do cash back.
I will vote for whichever mayoral candidate will mandate a cash-back policy at Duane Reade.
5. Having to call Time Warner or National Grid for anything.
6. Having to use the phone at all.
7. Cash-only restaurants.
Because yes, I always keep tons o’Benjamins on hand.
13. When people walk slow or stop in the middle of the sidewalk.
15. Using (and paying fees for) shady bodega ATMs.
17. Oversized umbrellas.
And people who open them as they’re exiting the subway station and hit people with it.
18. When someone plays music on the train sans headphones.
21. Taxi drivers who take the long way to your destination.
Assuming you don’t know any better. I live here, sir!
22. When there’s subway construction and you have to switch trains or take the local track.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›