3. Meet Olmec from “Legends of the Hidden Temple.”
Well, his voice.
4. That was a decoy “glowing piece of radical rock,” and you had to give it back at the end.
5. The substance in the bag that made the “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” campfire smoke is regular table sugar.
7. There were actually five “Wishbones”: One dog named Soccer, the main actor, and four “stunt” dogs named Phoebe, Bear, Slugger, and Shiner.
9. It’s implied in the show that they grow up and get married.
10. “Teletubbies” was filmed outside in a farmer’s field in Stratford-Upon-Avon only on sunny days.
12. Lord Zedd from “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” might be Jewish.
14. The tongue-in-cheek name of the restaurant in “Rocko’s Modern Life” had to be changed after two seasons to not offend young audiences and parents.
16. The Powerpuff Girls were based on Fauna, Flora, and Merryweather from Disney’s “Sleeping Beauty.”
17. In the original comic book, they all had red bandannas, but this way you could tell them all apart.
18. This show was originally going to be about a boy named Pete and his dog named Pete.
20. All Smurfs are born male. (Female Smurfettes usually are created by magic.)
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Emily Orley is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Orley reports on the television industry.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Rapper 50 Cent may claim he's broke, but court records filed in his bankruptcy case show he has $10 million in various bank accounts.