1. Pondering while weak and weary on a dreary midnight.
Flickr: brianhenrythompson / Creative Commons
3. Pining over someone named Lenore.
4. Hearing freaky tapping at your door, even though it’s the middle of December. WTF
5. The silken sad uncertain rustling of purple curtains.
7. Making up a fun poem and yelling it at the tapping sound to express your terror.
8. Giving up and going back inside, only to hear it start tapping again. OMG NO
9. Opening the window and watching a bird fly in and then watching it sit on a bust of Pallas.
10. Asking the bird for its name like it’s a person, but all it says is “nevermore.”
11. Saying some more stuff and it STILL says “nevermore.”
12. Yelling A BUNCH OF FLIPPIN’ STUFF AT THE RAVEN and it STILL says “nevermore.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.