1. Pondering while weak and weary on a dreary midnight.
Flickr: brianhenrythompson / Creative Commons
3. Pining over someone named Lenore.
4. Hearing freaky tapping at your door, even though it’s the middle of December. WTF
5. The silken sad uncertain rustling of purple curtains.
7. Making up a fun poem and yelling it at the tapping sound to express your terror.
8. Giving up and going back inside, only to hear it start tapping again. OMG NO
9. Opening the window and watching a bird fly in and then watching it sit on a bust of Pallas.
10. Asking the bird for its name like it’s a person, but all it says is “nevermore.”
11. Saying some more stuff and it STILL says “nevermore.”
12. Yelling A BUNCH OF FLIPPIN’ STUFF AT THE RAVEN and it STILL says “nevermore.”
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›