1. Pondering while weak and weary on a dreary midnight.
3. Pining over someone named Lenore.
4. Hearing freaky tapping at your door, even though it’s the middle of December. WTF
5. The silken sad uncertain rustling of purple curtains.
7. Making up a fun poem and yelling it at the tapping sound to express your terror.
8. Giving up and going back inside, only to hear it start tapping again. OMG NO
9. Opening the window and watching a bird fly in and then watching it sit on a bust of Pallas.
10. Asking the bird for its name like it’s a person, but all it says is “nevermore.”
11. Saying some more stuff and it STILL says “nevermore.”
12. Yelling A BUNCH OF FLIPPIN’ STUFF AT THE RAVEN and it STILL says “nevermore.”
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›