3. Their first World Cup appearance was in 1990:
They did so well that they made it to the Knockout rounds.
5. Sadly, they have never hosted a World Cup. But if they did, tourists would have an awesome time.
6. This will be their fourth time attending the World Cup.
7. Although they have never won a World Cup competition, they have a really solid team competing this year.
8. Bryan Ruiz, the star of the team, is an amazing midfielder.
He is also the team’s captain.
9. Just look at him score this goal!
11. Their current coach, Jorge Luis Pinto, is confident that Costa Rica will surprise many at the World Cup.
And we wish them the best of luck!
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- Super Bowl 50 recap: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑