Long-distance relationships are difficult — super difficult — but they’re doable, and come with a huge host of benefits. Seriously! For example…
1. Communication becomes sacred. You’ll value any and all messages from your partner infinitely more.
Getting selfies and pictures of food becomes a whole lot more enjoyable.
2. Only being able to talk at certain times also means you get the happy jitters every time you hear your partner’s voice.
3. And, thankfully, you’ll be so eager to catch up that you won’t bother with awkward small talk.
4. Skype, meanwhile, becomes something you’re actually looking forward to.
Skype days soon become pillars of your week.
5. And you two become masters of two-player apps, always excited for your partner’s next move.
6. If things go well, distance helps trust grow exponentially.
7. Being separate means you can master being independent and in a relationship.
8. And you never have to feel guilty about taking “me time.”
Although chances are it’ll boil down to catching up on Netflix.
9. Awkward moments between yourself and your other’s parents are completely nonexistent.
10. Travel! Adventures are great, especially when the person you love is your destination.
11. And that moment when you first see each other again — priceless.
12. Not to mention now you actually have an excuse to do any touristy things you want, although you might be a tad distracted.
Yeah, new city, cool. Where’s your place?
13. But of course, even the most routine things become amazing.
14. Gifts and surprises are now worth infinitely more than they were before.
15. And you have an excuse to unleash your inner romantic: Handwritten letters and postcards are the best.
16. Although you may fight, it’s often because you’ll wish the two of you just had more time together.
17. You know, though, that you always have something to look forward to.
You know the exact number of days until you see your S.O. next.
18. Finally, if your long-distance relationship is successful, you can rest assured that your relationship is pretty golden.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island of Saipan.