Check out all the best of 2013
1. He was not only an astronaut…
NASA/Robert Markowitz / Creative Commons / Via en.wikipedia.org
2. But also the commander of the International Space Station for six months.
MarcelClemens / Shutterstock
3. During which time he serenaded Earth with his renditions of David Bowie…
5. From which he tweeted beautiful pictures of how the earth looked from orbit, like the Bahamas.
11. And while on Earth he committed random acts of kindness for all his fans.
12. Not to mention he had no problems making videos answering fans’ questions about space, like how he brushed his teeth…
20. Nothing cuter happened in 2013 than watching Hadfield tuck himself into bed.
23. And without hesitation he demonstrated how astronaut vomit bags work.
24. He has a goofy side, and freely admitted to trying to propel himself around the space station by farting.
25. He should automatically win the internet, since he is a proud pug owner.
Buy the pug art here.
26. Back on Earth, he made fun of himself on YouTube, while raising awareness for cancer research through Movember.
27. Really, he’s up there with the other greats, making science and space cool and accessible to the whole world.
PBS / Via giphy.com
If you crave more Hadfield, here is his rendition of “Space Oddity” in its entirety.
In The News Today