1. The time he went camping with the boys and they were the best of friends
Look at them FISHING together, isn’t that precious
2. That time he gave Cristina coffee out of nowhere at it was really cute
3. Those times he had dedication to surgery and teaching
He was damn good at what he did. I mean, can YOU do open heart surgery? Or put a cow valve in someone’s freakin’ heart?
4. That time he found a rapist’s penis and didn’t know what it was
His face. priceless.
5. That time he was taking No Funny Business from Meredith and Cristina
6. The time Bailey had this fantasy and it was weirdly hot
8. The time he gave Cristina a key to his apartment
commitment is a key. are we feeling existential this morning?
9. This time he was talking about being a heart man and we melted
rehearsing your wedding vows during surgery…so clutch
10. That time he danced with Cristina and it was awesome
this might be the best moment.
11. That time he declared his love for Cristina
after calling her an angry slob who’s competitive and stubborn and challenging and OH WAIT HE LOVES HER ANYWAY
12. This time that he was deeply invested in Cristina’s life
much deep, very thoughtful
13. That time he got shot but recovered his hand and went back to surgery
14. The time he operated on a turkey with Izzie
15. This time he was gonna kill a bitch if she stole his doner heart
Can’t touch this, daaa na na na
17. NOT the time he left Cristina at the altar.
Unfortunately for Burke’s character, this move kinda killed all the other good times he had.
But did you ever think that this end was probably just because of Isaiah Washington’s homophobic slurs, getting fired, and having to cut him out of the show?
Maybe if that hadn’t happened, the entire show would be very different…then again, maybe not, Shonda loves to watch ‘em suffer.