1. When the Australian Constitution was created, it completely excluded Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
2. To this day this exclusion has not been remedied, but all political parties have agreed on the need for Constitutional reform.
3. Recognise This is a youth-led campaign encouraging all Australians to learn more about the issue and push for reform to be made a priority.
4. A joint select committee of Parliament has been established to finalise a model of Constitutional reform that will be put to a referendum, which all Australians will vote on.
5. Recognise This says community support is vital in the lead up to a referendum.
6. They have released a video featuring Budat Mununggurr, a Yolngu teen, speaking passionately about the issue.
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›