1. This is a huntsman spider.
6. It’s incredibly rare for a huntsman to bite a human - they generally only do if you’re really bugging them, and even then the bite is mild and pretty much harmless.
8. They move in to homes and cars and sit there quietly, just enjoying your company.
Flickr: pommiebastards / Creative Commons
9. They don’t even build webs, so they keep their area very clean.
Flickr: kabl1992 / Creative Commons
10. They even get rid of nasty cockroaches and other bugs for you.
11. Of course they can be a little shy, so it’s best not to hassle them too much.
12. If you do, there’s a good chance they’ll run away. They scare pretty easily, poor things.
13. Of course, they have more reason to fear you than you have to fear them.
14. You can kill them. You might even want to kill them. But what did they ever do to you?
Flickr: aus_pics / Creative Commons
15. THEY JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU.
16. You can always evict them using a container and gently placing them outside.
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.