1. This is a huntsman spider.
4. Did you know huntsman spiders just want to be your friends?
6. It’s incredibly rare for a huntsman to bite a human - they generally only do if you’re really bugging them, and even then the bite is mild and pretty much harmless.
8. They move in to homes and cars and sit there quietly, just enjoying your company.
9. They don’t even build webs, so they keep their area very clean.
10. They even get rid of nasty cockroaches and other bugs for you.
11. Of course they can be a little shy, so it’s best not to hassle them too much.
12. If you do, there’s a good chance they’ll run away. They scare pretty easily, poor things.
13. Of course, they have more reason to fear you than you have to fear them.
14. You can kill them. You might even want to kill them. But what did they ever do to you?
15. THEY JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU.
16. You can always evict them using a container and gently placing them outside.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›