1. In case you missed it, Lorde and Taylor Swift are the best best friends.
2. It apparently didn’t escape the notice of professional KIIS FM douchecanoe Kyle Sandilands, who decided it was a great idea to question 17-year-old Lorde on her sexuality.
In a recent radio interview, he referred to Taylor Swift by saying, “I see you guys’ pictures everywhere, are you guys like together now?”
“Not together, as in lesbians,” he added, following an awkward pause. “I’m not talking about ‘Ellen together’, I’m talking about, like you guys are friendly, right?”
3. Lorde was having none of it.
She responded: “What do you mean you’re not talking about ‘Ellen together’? Is there something wrong with lesbians?”
4. Kyle then proceeded to get even creepier.
“Oh my god no! I would love that! I would totally love that,” he said. “Are you gonna confirm now that you’re in a lesbian relationship with her … how good with that be?!”
5. “Don’t even try it. It’s not working,” said Lorde.
Cue mike drop.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›