On Sunday, Victorian animal sanctuary Edgar’s Mission, which is home to over 300 animals, received warning that a fast-moving bushfire was heading straight towards them.
They quickly evacuated over 100 animals to a staff member’s house in Melbourne.
Others were moved to empty, fire-safe paddocks nearby, while the volunteer group Country Fire Authority battled to get fires under control.
The fires came within 1km of Edgar’s Mission, but thanks to the CFA they remained safe.
Sadly, many others in the area lost their homes.
1. On Thursday, after being given the all clear, the evacuated animals were brought home.
6. They were pretty happy about it.
11. And so were their human friends.
17. Ruby the dog gave everyone some love.
20. And got plenty in return.
22. Rambo the sheep was happy to see his fave carer Peter again.
23. And OD the dog was overjoyed.
24. The feelings were mutual.
26. The piggies were relieved to be home.
27. Hip-Hop Bob and Mikey celebrated with a kiss.
28. Selena and Manuel the ducks got straight back in their fave swimming pool.
30. Rory the dog got cuddles from her fave human Deb.
31. And Edgar’s Mission founder Pam was reunited with her beloved dog E.T.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›