On Sunday, Victorian animal sanctuary Edgar’s Mission, which is home to over 300 animals, received warning that a fast-moving bushfire was heading straight towards them.
They quickly evacuated over 100 animals to a staff member’s house in Melbourne.
Others were moved to empty, fire-safe paddocks nearby, while the volunteer group Country Fire Authority battled to get fires under control.
The fires came within 1km of Edgar’s Mission, but thanks to the CFA they remained safe.
Sadly, many others in the area lost their homes.
1. On Thursday, after being given the all clear, the evacuated animals were brought home.
6. They were pretty happy about it.
11. And so were their human friends.
17. Ruby the dog gave everyone some love.
20. And got plenty in return.
22. Rambo the sheep was happy to see his fave carer Peter again.
23. And OD the dog was overjoyed.
24. The feelings were mutual.
26. The piggies were relieved to be home.
27. Hip-Hop Bob and Mikey celebrated with a kiss.
28. Selena and Manuel the ducks got straight back in their fave swimming pool.
30. Rory the dog got cuddles from her fave human Deb.
31. And Edgar’s Mission founder Pam was reunited with her beloved dog E.T.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›