3. Back in 2009, Austrian photographer Andreas Jakwerth was holidaying in the Tallangatta Valley in Victoria, Australia, when he met Douglas.
4. Douglas lived with the family Jakwerth was staying with.
5. It was love at first belly rub.
6. Jakwerth says, “Douglas was a baby back then, that’s why he was so affectionate. He wouldn’t leave our side, always begging (and biting) for more hugs and belly-rubs.”
10. Watch Douglas in action!
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›