Playing with glittery eyeliner in the dressing room while @elizabethhuett and I discuss how caramel Tim tams have changed our lives.
1. Australians eat 45 million packets of Tim Tams a year.
3. They were named after a horse that won the Kentucky Derby in 1958.
4. The chocolate used to coat Tim Tams is supposed to have a slightly caramel taste.
6. For the alcohol in the Tia Maria flavoured biscuits to have any effect, you would need to eat several thousand of them.
8. That’s enough to feed one to every person in a packed house at ANZ Stadium every half an hour.
9. One in every two Australian households contains a packet of Tim Tams.
10. In the mid-’90s, Cate Blanchett appeared in an ad for Tim Tams.
11. Tim Tams are made by Arnotts, a company owned by US soup giant Campbell’s.
12. They are available for sale in the US, distributed by Pepperidge Farm, and mainly available at Target stores.
(Apparently, not as good as the original.)
13. Taylor Swift is a huge Tim Tam fan.
14. For anyone unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam Slam is when you bite off the ends of the biscuit and use it as a ‘straw’ to drink a warm beverage. It makes the chocolate all melty and gooey and perfect.
15. Australians’ favourite drink to use in a Tim Tam slam is coffee, followed by port (?), hot chocolate and Bailey’s.
16. Tim Tams can also be used for construction.
Sydney Harbour Bridge