1. Though you spent your teenage years swearing you’d leave one day, you still proudly call Newcastle home.
2. Newcastle is like your younger sibling. It’s OK for you to rag on it, but if anyone else does, they’re dead meat.
3. But you get mad if anyone says you’re from the Central Coast.
4. You’ve heard legend of the map of the world under the Newcastle Beach rock pool.
7. And you always mourn the loss of Frostbites, home of the alcoholic slushie.
8. Merewether Surf Club is the place to go for fancy afternoon drinks. But you probably can only afford one.
9. King Street Maccas is the most frequented place on a Saturday night (after a good drink or 10 at the King Street Hotel).
10. You’ve spent at least one Boxing Day at the horse races.
11. You probably learned to ride a bike on the Foreshore.
12. Though you try to avoid it now because of all the douchebags and their souped-up cars.
13. You heard all the rumours about the Newcastle Hobo… Was he really a millionaire?
Update: His name is Jimmy and he has 14,500 likes on Facebook.
14. You’ll always laugh at the tower that looks like a giant dick.
15. You’re constantly ready to remind people that Silverchair are from Newcastle.
16. Though you’re not so quick to claim Jennifer Hawkins; everyone knows she’s from Holmesville anyway.
17. Though they’re one of the worst footy teams, you’ll still always go for the Knights.
18. The 1997 Grand Final will always be the greatest thing that’s ever happened.
19. You’re no stranger to national disasters.
After the 1989 earthquake.