1. It is a fact that can no longer be denied. Seahorses are the coolest damn animals on the planet.
2. Did you know that MALE seahorses are the ones to get pregnant?
3. This is how the female transfers her eggs to the male.
6. And the babies are TINY.
7. Pygmy seahorses don’t ever get longer than about an inch when fully grown.
8. Some seahorses look really damn cool.
9. They like to blend in with their surroundings.
10. And they’re hella good at camouflage.
12. Though sometimes they’re quite the opposite of subtle.
15. When they’re resting, they like to curl their tail around coral or another plant so they don’t float away.
16. They come in some very cool colours.
18. They’re so chill. They are actually the slowest moving fish in the ocean.
According to the Guinness Book of Records.
19. But because of their odd body shape and slow speed, they often die of exhaustion in particularly stormy waters :( .
20. As they have no teeth and no stomach, they must constantly eat to stay alive. Some seahorses can eat more than 3,000 brine shrimp A DAY.
21. They’re super sneaky. They can move each of their eyes independently, so they can watch everything going on around them without being noticed.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›