1. It is a fact that can no longer be denied. Seahorses are the coolest damn animals on the planet.
2. Did you know that MALE seahorses are the ones to get pregnant?
3. This is how the female transfers her eggs to the male.
6. And the babies are TINY.
7. Pygmy seahorses don’t ever get longer than about an inch when fully grown.
9. They like to blend in with their surroundings.
10. And they’re hella good at camouflage.
12. Though sometimes they’re quite the opposite of subtle.
15. When they’re resting, they like to curl their tail around coral or another plant so they don’t float away.
18. They’re so chill. They are actually the slowest moving fish in the ocean.
According to the Guinness Book of Records.
19. But because of their odd body shape and slow speed, they often die of exhaustion in particularly stormy waters :( .
20. As they have no teeth and no stomach, they must constantly eat to stay alive. Some seahorses can eat more than 3,000 brine shrimp A DAY.
21. They’re super sneaky. They can move each of their eyes independently, so they can watch everything going on around them without being noticed.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.