1. It is a fact that can no longer be denied. Seahorses are the coolest damn animals on the planet.
2. Did you know that MALE seahorses are the ones to get pregnant?
3. This is how the female transfers her eggs to the male.
6. And the babies are TINY.
7. Pygmy seahorses don’t ever get longer than about an inch when fully grown.
9. They like to blend in with their surroundings.
10. And they’re hella good at camouflage.
12. Though sometimes they’re quite the opposite of subtle.
15. When they’re resting, they like to curl their tail around coral or another plant so they don’t float away.
18. They’re so chill. They are actually the slowest moving fish in the ocean.
According to the Guinness Book of Records.
19. But because of their odd body shape and slow speed, they often die of exhaustion in particularly stormy waters :( .
20. As they have no teeth and no stomach, they must constantly eat to stay alive. Some seahorses can eat more than 3,000 brine shrimp A DAY.
21. They’re super sneaky. They can move each of their eyes independently, so they can watch everything going on around them without being noticed.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›