1. When someone starts talking about Australia, the first thing you think of probably isn’t beautiful snowy mountains.
Flickr: andrewfysh / Via Creative Commons
2. Not many people would associate the Land Down Under with its winter season.
Flickr: snapped_up / Via Creative Commons
3. But snow can actually transform the country in to an even more beautiful and magical place.
Flickr: aschaf / Via Creative Commons
4. It’s hard to believe this is really Australia- the land of beaches and sun.
Flickr: 96428300@N05 / Via Creative Commons
5. And you probably would find it hard to believe that the Australian alps actually get more snow than Switzerland.
Flickr: goosmurf / Via Creative Commons
6. Every year, nearly a million Aussies take to the slopes with their skis and snowboards.
7. Although the Australian peaks aren’t dusted with snow year-round, winter can yield some scenery that would make Narnia jealous.
Flickr: jimmyharris / Via Creative Commons
8. So while North Americans are sweltering in their summer heat…
13. It’s important not to forget the most important parts of any ski trip…
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.