1. When someone starts talking about Australia, the first thing you think of probably isn’t beautiful snowy mountains.
Flickr: andrewfysh / Via Creative Commons
2. Not many people would associate the Land Down Under with its winter season.
Flickr: snapped_up / Via Creative Commons
3. But snow can actually transform the country in to an even more beautiful and magical place.
Flickr: aschaf / Via Creative Commons
4. It’s hard to believe this is really Australia- the land of beaches and sun.
Flickr: 96428300@N05 / Via Creative Commons
5. And you probably would find it hard to believe that the Australian alps actually get more snow than Switzerland.
Flickr: goosmurf / Via Creative Commons
6. Every year, nearly a million Aussies take to the slopes with their skis and snowboards.
7. Although the Australian peaks aren’t dusted with snow year-round, winter can yield some scenery that would make Narnia jealous.
Flickr: jimmyharris / Via Creative Commons