1. When someone starts talking about Australia, the first thing you think of probably isn’t beautiful snowy mountains.
2. Not many people would associate the Land Down Under with its winter season.
3. But snow can actually transform the country in to an even more beautiful and magical place.
4. It’s hard to believe this is really Australia- the land of beaches and sun.
5. And you probably would find it hard to believe that the Australian alps actually get more snow than Switzerland.
6. Every year, nearly a million Aussies take to the slopes with their skis and snowboards.
7. Although the Australian peaks aren’t dusted with snow year-round, winter can yield some scenery that would make Narnia jealous.
8. So while North Americans are sweltering in their summer heat…
10. Time at the snow is used to make new friends…
13. It’s important not to forget the most important parts of any ski trip…
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›