1. Lorde - “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” (Tears for Fears Cover)
The Tears for Fears version from 1985 had a much happier vibe than Lorde’s cover for The Hunger Games Soundtrack.
2. Miley Cyrus - “Landslide” (Fleetwood Mac Cover)
Countless artists have tried covering the Fleetwood Mac classic, but Miley actually did a pretty decent job.
3. Capital Cities - “Nothing Compares 2 U” (Sinéad O’Conner Cover)
Here’s the original version by Sinéad O’Conner from 1990.
4. Ellie Goulding - “Midas Touch” (Midnight Star Cover)
Midnight Star did it first, back in 1986. With a lot more hair.
5. Bon Iver - “I Can’t Make You Love Me” (Bonnie Raitt Cover)
The 1991 Bonnie Raitt hit was covered by Justin Vernon (AKA Bon Iver) back in 2011.
6. Ke$ha - “Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright” (Bob Dylan Cover)
Never thought I would hear Ke$ha performing a Bob Dylan song…but she performed this classic for an Amnesty International special release in 2011.
7. Fitz & The Tantrums - “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” (Eurythmics Cover)
British duo Eurythmics put out their version in 1983.
8. Vampire Weekend - “I’m Going Down” (Bruce Springsteen Cover)
Springsteen calls this one from 1985 “…a forgotten masterpiece”
9. Coldplay - “Billie Jean” (Michael Jackson Cover)
Chris Martin is no Michael Jackson, but it’s still an interesting listen.