1. That feeling of dread when you start to desend down the stairs and you see a crowd of people leaving the station
You know that a train just came and left and now you have to wait for like, eternity.
2. But wait! You get to the train and it’s still at the platform!
…but then you have to sprint halfway down just to reach the last car, and the conductor sees you, and he leaves anyway.
3. Did I mention it’s abnormally short?
Unlike every other train in New York, which has like 100 cars, the G train has two.*
(*those numbers aren’t entirely accurate)
4. If it’s the weekend or after 11pm, you can forget seeing a G anytime in the next ten hours.
Might as well ride a turtle to your destination.
5. And if you are lucky enough to catch a train, you’ll probably get stuck in The Tunnel of Death
Otherwise known as whatevers between Greenpoint Avenue and 21st Street.
What goes on there?
Why does the train always randomly stop in that tunnel?
And how is it possible that there’s SO MUCH train traffic on a line that literally comes maybe once every 20 minutes??